It's no surprise to any reader that I really really do not like Donald Trump, and it would be substantially easier for me to list all of the reasons I think he's unfit to lead our country. But, I do think it's fair to acknowledge when a person does something good. So here are the things I think Donny T has done right - though I can't promise there aren't some bits of sarcasm in here...
1) He has signed legislation aimed at supporting women's educational and economic empowerment opportunities in foreign countries. (see here and here) (They're Ivanka's projects, but he is setting aside money for them)
2) He has a lot of women in his Cabinet as his top advisers, which I respect. He may say some really degrading things, and I certainly cannot label him a feminist... but he does employ a solid number of women, which is obviously a good thing.
3) While his approach to diplomacy is very confusing, he hasn't given Kim Jon Un any space or budged on sanctions against North Korea. And honestly, that helps. The threat of nuclear war can be a very scary thing, and he hasn't wavered about America's stance on North Korea's actions. That stability is good.
4) Voter turnout has hit a really high point, which is vital to the functioning of democracy. I think his often extreme points of view have led people to take stands on important issues that otherwise would have claimed apathy instead - on all sides of the fence. Granted, polarization leads to exhausting debates that often feel like they're going nowhere. BUT! More people are voting, and that's important.
5) Contrary to impressions given by his Twitter account, he has generally been continuing the trend of disengagement in foreign countries. Less foreign involvement and greater diplomacy is something I can get behind. (Throwing insults at every person who disagrees with you, not so much. But hey, pobody's nerfect!)