everybody loves katya...
Question #10577 posted on 11/22/2004 4:23 a.m.

Dear 100 Hour Board,

Does BYU offer external degree courses (i.e. have an entire degree done without having to go to BYU to study)? Does IS work that way?

- the Scholarette

A: Dear Scholarette,

Short answer: no.

Long answer: BYU recently implemented a Bachelor of General Studies degree through Independent Study. It's designed for people who attended BYU but didn't graduate. (You have to have attended the Y for a minimum of 30 hours to be eligible.)

- Katya