Whenever he thought about it, he felt terrible. And so, at last, he came to a fateful decision. He decided not to think about it. ~John-Roger and Peter McWilliams
Question #1997 posted on 12/11/2003 8:28 a.m.
Q:

Dear 100 Hour Board,
Is roasting marshmallows over a kerosene stove hazardous to one's health?
- wondering if I am going to die or develop cancer or something

A: Dear wonderer,

I sure hope so, my crazy aunt with all the cats has been doing it for years. Every night she roasts three large marshmellows over a kerosene stove and drinks a large glass of ovaltine. She never showers.

The captain
A: Dear carcinogen,

If you are inside, yes. Burning kerosene, and most other gases, produces toxic fumes, such as Carbon Monoxide. Natural Gas produces very little fumes, comparitively, so it's often used for indoor cooking, and butane is also typically seen as acceptable for indoor use. Kerosene, however, is always accompanied by warnings to use in a well ventilated area, preferably outdoors. Kinda like propane...

- Sharp as a spoon