Look out for the future, because you never know what it might bring…
Question #24025 posted on 03/25/2006 3:01 a.m.

Dear 100 Hour Board,

I am planning on going to England in the Fall (a family member received a Fulbright to teach). I am wondering if and how I could work there.

- Anglophile

A: Dear Anglophile,
Sure you can work there. You'd just have to get a work visa. However, you'd have to have a job first before you could apply for the visa. You might want to check on the web--there are some good resources for finding jobs in England, and I have no clue what type of job you might want. Try http://www.jobsabroad.com/England.cfm

You should probably also read the advice from the US Department of State about living abroad. http://travel.state.gov/travel/living/living_1243.html.

Good luck to you! I love England.