Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better. ~Albert Camus
Question #35154 posted on 04/13/2007 3:01 a.m.

Dear 100 Hour Board,

Does BYU have a program for training previous graduates as teachers? In other words, can I come to BYU to obtain a teaching credential if I already have a Bachelors?

A: Dear Mango,

I poked around the McKay School of Education website and it appears that BYU does have a method for acquiring your Teaching License. It isn't listed on their site, however, which means it may be individually tailored. To find out how to do it, you need to call Education Advisement Center (801-422-3426).

They also recommend checking out the State of Utah's Alternate Routes to Teacher Licensing, which describes a number of other ways that a person holding a Bachelor's Degree may acquire a license to teach in Utah. That site is here.

Keep the Faith.

-St. Jerome