"Chocolate is not junk food. It is emotional health food." - Dragon Lady
Question #41445 posted on 12/17/2007 3:01 a.m.

Dear 100 Hour Board,

The TESOL K-12 Minor offered at BYU leads to a Utah State ESL endorsement. Will it also lead to a Michigan State ESL endorsement? Or are there other requirements that I will need to fulfill if I choose to minor in this? Thanks!

- el ed major

A: Dear el ed major,

Most likely. I quote the following from the offical website of the Michigan Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages:
If you have a K-12 teaching certificate from the State of Michigan and the qualifications for the endorsement from an out-of-state institution, you can fill out an out-of-state application directly to the Department of Education. A downloadable copy of this application is available.
Take a look at that website to see details on the application. Assuming you meet their requirements, you should be fine.