There is no music in hell, for all good music belongs to heaven. ~Brigham Young
Question #60846 posted on 11/28/2010 11:47 a.m.

Dear 100 Hour Board,

When I was at BYU, I signed up for some kind of emergency text service which gives me updates about campus closures, emergencies, and I-don't-know-what-else. I don't live in Provo anymore and I'm not a student, but I still get these messages. How can I take my number off the list? I've tired replying with "stop", and I've looked online in my personal information, but I can't seem to find it. Help?

Inquisitive Idiot


Dear Inquisitive Idiot,

You can cancel your enrollment in the BYU emergency texting service by following these easy steps:

  1. Log in to Route Y.
  2. Under the "Communications" tab (the left-most tab), click on "Personal Information."
  3. Select the "Contact" tab.
  4. Click on "Campus Emergency Alert Contact Information."
  5. Hit the "Delete" button by your cell number, then click "Save."

It's that easy!

- The Detective (chuckling at the thought of a former student living in some tropical place getting those "blizzard warning" texts)