Dear 100 Hour Board,
When I was at BYU, I signed up for some kind of emergency text service which gives me updates about campus closures, emergencies, and I-don't-know-what-else. I don't live in Provo anymore and I'm not a student, but I still get these messages. How can I take my number off the list? I've tired replying with "stop", and I've looked online in my personal information, but I can't seem to find it. Help?
Dear Inquisitive Idiot,
You can cancel your enrollment in the BYU emergency texting service by following these easy steps:
- Log in to Route Y.
- Under the "Communications" tab (the left-most tab), click on "Personal Information."
- Select the "Contact" tab.
- Click on "Campus Emergency Alert Contact Information."
- Hit the "Delete" button by your cell number, then click "Save."
It's that easy!
- The Detective (chuckling at the thought of a former student living in some tropical place getting those "blizzard warning" texts)