"My brother is too kind. He was eminent when my eminence was only imminent." -Niles Crane
Question #670 posted on 10/07/2003 4:02 a.m.

Dear 100 Hour Board,

What does it mean exactly when on the side of a juice can it says "contains 15% juice". Is 100% juice really that much better for you?

- Thirst Quencher

A: Dear Gatorade-Is-Better-No-Water-Is-Better:

It means that 15% of the juice by weight is pure fruit juice, and the rest is water, sugar, artifical flavors, or whatever else they used to fill in the other 85%. 100% juice is the "all natural" state, but may not necessarily be any better for you. It could be worse because of the amount of sugar in it (some pure juices have a lot more sugar than diluted ones), but no matter how you drink it, juice is a lot better for you than soft drinks.

-- Misaneroth