"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. " - Walt Disney
Question #7659 posted on 09/11/2004 4:02 a.m.

Dear 100 Hour Board,

What is a keyboard shortcut to maximize a window from where it's not exactly a full window?


A: Dear Mousetrap,

To my knowledge, there isn't a standard shortcut to maximize a window. In Internet Explorer and Firefox, you can go to Fullscreen mode by pressing F11. Enjoy.

- The Keymaster
A: Dear Mousetrap,

Try alt-tab, and then press tab repeatedly to switch to the window you want to open. Just one of the many things that I learned when I was without a mouse for a few weeks.

-Uffish Thought
A: Dear Mousetrap,

You are using Windows, I assume? I believe that the short cut you are looking for is the following:
  • alt, space, x to maximize the window
  • alt, space, n to minimize the window
  • alt, space, r to restore the window.
  • to restore a window after it has been minimized just use alt+tab.