"In my defense... I saw 'Bring It On'..." -Anonymous Board Writer
Question #7663 posted on 09/11/2004 4:02 a.m.

Dear 100 Hour Board,

I know there is a nomenclature for it, but I can't think of it.
I was watching Damnation Alley, and the truck they were in was called "LandMaster". Its running gear had three wheels set in a triangle, so that two of the wheels were always on the ground. There were eight sets of these tri-wheeled bogies. Can you tell me what this kind of running gear is called? I know it starts with "Tri".

Oh, and thanks for the Apollo 100 answer.


Kimberley Witchey

A: Dear Kimberly,
Looks like they are called Tri-Star Wheels. Very interesting. I got to see a guy's demonstration of a Lego version climbing stairs. You really have to see it to understand how it works.