Dear 100 Hour Board,
What are your individual weapons of choice and tactics against the tunnel worms?
Weapons of choice:
- My mountain of textbooks barely contained within my backpack; it makes an effective bludgeon, plus I carry it around with me everywhere.
- Reciting information about taxes (the tunnel worms just kind of deflate into a puddle of boredom; the only negative side-effect is that so do all of the people within earshot).
- Giving them a taste of the true glory that is mathematics. They become so entranced that they then just harmlessly follow around math students to glean bits of sweet math knowledge like it's meth.
- Salt. Worms are rather slimy, moist creatures, so I'm sure you can imagine the damage salt does.
- Running very fast in the opposite direction of the worms (the advantage of this is that it can be applied to every problem in life; a professor proposes a scary project? just run screaming out of the classroom. Things will work out great, I promise).
I would probably employ the same tactic that I use to defeat sand worms. That is, distract it with a bomb on the sand, then hit it with a bomb arrow when it's vulnerable. As it lies there, stunned, whack it with a sword until I can claim its guts, fins, and other treasures.
Always bring a freshman or two with you when confronting tunnel worms. They make the best diversions.
Pepper Spray and Verbal Judo. My tactics will be a head-on attack, attempting to mitigate the situation with friendly but firm words and respect, and when that fails (because they are tunnel worms), I will spray them with a hefty cloud of capsaicin.
At least, that's how I have done it before and it has defeated them every time.
- Rating Pending (who listened to this song a lot while answering Board questions in the HBLL library computer room)
If you enter with nothing but cunning and wit, you leave with more of both.
*You know, if you survive.
Dear Rating Pending,
Oh, come on. I walked without rhythm first. But I've also noticed that if I permit the fear to pass over me and through me, that only I will remain, and that helps keep me clear-headed, too.
-Paul "Muad'dib" Atreides
Water seems pretty effective against both earthworms and Arrakisworms, so I think that's my best bet.