Silence is the virtue of fools. -Sir Francis Bacon
Question #90183 posted on 08/22/2017 9:31 p.m.

Dear 100 Hour Board,

I find myself looking to dispose of two cubic feet of years-old magazines, mostly Glamour and Fitness (with at least one issue of NeoPets: The Official Magazine). Their owner would like them to be donated somewhere, but I don't know where would accept them. Any ideas? I'd definitely prefer just one place willing to take all of them. And somewhere in the Provo/Orem area is definitely preferred. Thank you kindly,

-Periodical Pusher


Dear Dennis DeYoung,

I mean, if you can't find somewhere to donate them you can always put them on the Provo Freecycle or some other similar site. Also Ardilla has a good point, you could probably find someone in advertising or art at BYU that would take the magazines to use for projects.

Keep it real,
Sherpa Dave


Dear Patrick Swank-Z,

You could donate them to the BYU advertising department for their Intro to Advertising students to use for their final projects where they end up cutting up a bunch of magazines. When school is in session, call BYU Info (801-422-4626) to connect you to the Advertising office and ask them if they would like them. I'd meant to do this myself, but I just... didn't. I've been struggling to write lately. Sorry for this lame response and for holding this waaaay over hours--it's my fault, as Sherpa Dave was ready with his answer well before the hundred hour mark.


--Ardilla Feroz

posted on 08/23/2017 6:41 a.m.
DI will accept magzines, but an under funded public school will also use them, either the art department, or the library.
posted on 08/23/2017 8:10 p.m.
Many youth groups do projects like collages and would probably appreciate them. You can always check with local scout or church groups.