Dear 100 Hour Board,
Are you saved?
-All the Fans
In John 3:17, Christ teaches us, "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we believe this to be true.
Salvation actually has several meanings. God will not force the entirety of salvation on everyone, but all will receive at least a part, and any can receive the whole thing if they so choose. True to the Faith, a fantastic resource on Church doctrine, breaks down the meanings of salvation. I give a summary here:
- Salvation from physical death. This is a gift given freely to all.
- Salvation from sin. This happens as God helps us give up our sins through the process of faith, repentance, authorized baptism, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- Being born again. This refers to the spiritual rebirth that occurs after being baptized and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- Salvation from ignorance. We receive this by receiving the gospel.
- Salvation from the second death (final spiritual death). Almost everyone on earth is assured this salvation.
- Eternal Life. Living with God and inheriting all He has. None of us have this yet.
In the last sense of the word salvation, as in receiving eternal life, none of us have that yet in mortality. But the rest of salvation is a gift that everyone can receive in this lifetime by becoming converted to God and by making and following the necessary covenants with Him.
So to answer your question, yes, I am saved, although the fullness of salvation is conditional upon me continuing to follow Christ and won't be granted until the Final Judgement.
If you're talking about the fate of the 100 Hour Board, don't you worry, we'll probably be fine. Unless you specifically hear otherwise, you can probably just assume that things will work out and not worry too much about us.