Oh, there he goes off to his room to write that hit song "Alone in my principles."
Question #90402 posted on 10/04/2017 9:04 a.m.

Dear 100 Hour Board,

My given name has an extremely common shortened form, like Joe or Mike. I go exclusively by the short form, and only my mom can call me by the long form (she earned the right in labor).

On LDS Tools, however, people only see my full name. That means people call me by that name, and I have to correct them. How can I change this? How can I change my LDS account to show my shortened name? I already tried changing it on the main lds.org account settings, but it has had no effect.



Dear Moe,

I can confirm that you can do this as a ward clerk or bishop. I've done it before as a branch president.

Keep it real,
Sherpa Dave.


Dear Namatve,

My roommate just asked a member of the bishopric to change it. Worked for her.


The Lone Musketeer


Dear Steve,

Your bishopric will probably have the ward clerk do it, so you could probably just cut out the middle man if you want.

-The Entomophagist

posted on 10/04/2017 8:26 p.m.
When you log in to LDS.org and choose "Account Settings" there is an option there to list what you want your "Display Name" to be. What you enter there will show up on LDS Tools as your name.

-El Guayo, quien lo ha hecho