Dear 100 Hour Board,
I feel like I can’t keep track of them all: what major church changes have occurred in the last 6 months?
-Follow the Prophet
Let me explain. No, there is too much, let me sum up. It has been hard to keep up with all the changes. It was also hard to research because Mormon Newsroom doesn't know what qualifies as news and I had to go through over 55 pages of just article summaries/links to go back the 6 months you requested. After skimming through so much, I decided that the only thing that constitutes a major change is a change in church leadership, new temples announced, or changes in church policy. So, without further ado, here are the major changes in the past 6 months:
- Elder Hales passed away (article)
- Church changes and standardizes questions for pre-mission interviews (article)
- President Monson passed away (article)
- First Presidency reorganized (article)
- Changes made to Young Women camp program (article)
- Changes made to Church Handbook on interviews with women and children, and responding to and preventing sexual abuse (article)
- New Young Women General Presidency (article)
- Two new Apostles called (article)
- Restructuring of priesthood quorums (article)
- Home and visting teaching replaced with ministering (article)
- 7 New temples announced including temples in Russia and India (source)
So there you have it! I think that's all of them. If any readers can think of something I forgot please feel free to leave a correction below. Hope this helps!