Dear 100 Hour Board,
General conference is coming up! Got any predictions or hopes or passing thoughts about what may be announced, if anything?
-Two Hour Fan
I honestly don't know. There's been so many changes over the last year that I'm still trying to keep up with all of them. So I combed the internet to find some predicted real and entertaining announced changes:
- Temple in India
- Purchasing the Kirtland Temple from Community of Christ
- Rejecting the BYU beard ban over the pulpit
- Make elders and sisters serve at the same age (both 18 or 19)
- Making ward Halloween parties a large community event for missionary work
- Only one woman will talk during the general sessions of Conference
- The apostles will unveil a new red "Make Mormonism the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Again" hat (I love whoever came up with this)
- The Family Proclamation will be canonized
- Missionaries in China
- The Book of Mormon will be changed to "Another Testament of Jesus Christ - the Book of Mormon" (credit and bingo board)
- And, finally, another temple in Utah
-guppy of doom
Dear me too,
I think sooner or later, maybe this time around, they'll make it universal that couples get civilly married first, then sealed in the temple, because that's how it is most everywhere else. This makes sense to me because we're trying to think more globally as a church instead of only based on our United States membership.
Also, I would really be excited for this because while I, of course, love being sealed together for time and eternity, I've always loved going to civil ceremonies because sometimes the fun and romantic part of it isn't as central in the temple, and I think that's also an important part of a marriage.