Dear 100 Hour Board,
Board Question #92226 got me thinking - if you went to the Medium Place, what would your personal Medium Place be?
-I can listen to any song I want, but only from a live recording by a guy in the back row at a concert
I don't have my powers but I get to live an almost human life with Jason, even though I am not a girl.
- Working a job that doesn't excite me in the least or use any of my hard-won skills, but pays the bills
- Living with roommates with whom I'm on cordial terms, but not actually friends with
- Never having fresh fruit and veggies (only canned or frozen)
- Never being able to read any new books (only reread old ones)
- Every day being sunny and cloudless
- I can't wear eye makeup, but all other makeup is fine
- I can contact my friends via social media and other such channels, but never interact with them in person
- The tip of my tongue is constantly burnt, so I can't properly enjoy eating anything
Dear Back Row,
It has been surprisingly tricky for me to figure out a combination of things that would truly be medium. Here's what I've come up with so far:
- I would always have the sniffles
- I could only drink warm pop or water (like how Mindy St. Clair can only have lukewarm beer)
- I would never overheat but I would always be sweating at least a little bit
- The only movies I can watch are the Paul Blart series or have all the actors replaced with Kevin James
- All my plants would be constantly on the verge of dying, even if I meticulously took care of them
- All rocks are light gray and rough and therefore not worth collecting.
- I can listen to any podcast, but only at half speed
- The only music I get to listen to is covers by obscure bands. Some of them are pretty good.
- I can eat cake, but it's always carrot cake. All ice cream is chocolate ice cream. I dislike both.
- The rest of the time I eat pasta. Every day. It can be any kind I want. It always tastes delicious, but it grows mundane very quickly.
- It's always cold, but not cold enough. So you're in that place where if you wear your jacket, you're too warm, and if you take it off, you're too cold.
- I live in a house that I like, but the walls are painted a weird orange-ish color.
- I don't ever have responsibilities, but I don't know what to do with my life so I always feel "meh." Because I don't have a real purpose anymore and I go through hobbies really fast.
I'm in the only place I ever felt nothing: Henderson, Nevada.
I live off of In N' Out fries and Fresca.
My only instrument is a soprano ukulele.
I can watch all the Gilmore Girls I want.
P. S Quixotic Kid's thing about the plants would be hell for me. Definitely not medium.
I have a fully stocked library, but it's filled with various editions of the same, like, five boring textbooks.
It's a comfortable temperature, but my socks are always damp.
And I have access to the internet, but the only thing I can see on it are those dumb 5 Minute Craft videos.