Dear 100 Hour Board,
We all love Board Baby photos (they're all adorable), but for this question could you post photos and/or stories about Board Babies that make you laugh out loud?
-Seriously, for laughs
I had this idea to get silhouettes of my kids made for my mom for Christmas, but they were super expensive. So I decided to learn how to do it myself with Photoshop. While taking pictures of my kids, my daughter (who really didn't understand what was going on) took some liberties. I rolled with it and printed out a nice silhouette for my mom:
Also, my son is on a serious Minnie Mouse kick right now. I love this picture of him:
The Man with a Mustache
-My 6yo is very interested in outer space, so when the images of the black holes were in the news, I showed them to him. I explained how the image was captured, and his eyes went wide and he said "Wait, so that picture is from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away!"
-When I was picking up my 4yo from preschool, he held up a leaf and, completely dead serious, looked me in the eyes and said, "Do not lose this. It looks like a leaf, but it's really our map to outer space."
-I went in to check on the same child pretty late one night, and he was still awake, and when I asked him why he was having trouble sleeping he said, "Sometimes I just think about Chewbacca." He adores Chewbacca, so this was more of I-need-to-think-about-my-friend staying awake, not an I'm-scared-of-the-growling-alien staying awake.
-Just the other day I was working, and he came and tapped me to get my attention and I asked him what was up. He said, "Daddy. When I was 3 I was silly but I didn't know it. Now, I'm 4 and I'm still silly. But I know it. I am silly. I think when I'm 10, I'm going to be so, so, so silly. Like, the silliest kid ever. Thanks." And then he left.
Lil' M. is adorable, inquisitive, and hilarious.
In no particular order, here are some funny things he's done or does:
- He used to pick up things with his mouth; we're pretty sure he learned to do that from our dog.
- He'll randomly walk around in a tight circle; I think he likes being dizzy?
- If you put your hands on your head and say "hands on head?" he'll put his hands on his head
- If our dog starts barking, he'll start making barking-ish noises too
- Sometimes when you give him a piece of food, he'll run away with it to try to get our dog to chase him
- He loves playing with our dog, and it's so fun and funny to watch.
- He likes doing things he's not supposed to and will giggle when we notice he's doing it, like standing on the ledge of the couch or putting his mouth on a greasy door hinge.
Also, heads up, some of these are rotated and won't seem to unrotate.
He also sleeps in really funny positions, so we like screenshotting them from our video monitor app.
I can't wait for him to start talking so we can hear all the funny things he says.
Here are some of the things my kids have said that have made me laugh. Notably, the younger kids are, the funnier they are. So Yellow 2.0 is definitely winning this year.
I do feel capable! I just can’t do it.
Me: [Niffler Baby], who gave you permission to grow up?
NB: Ummm… my pixie dust.
- [Context: The power went out.] I wish the windmills were moving so we could turn on the lights.
- I had a dream about dying and it wasn’t terrible. [later] I love, love, love dreams about dying! I had one last night, and I stayed alive!
- I know why they call it Lost Eggas (Las Vegas). Because someone lost something, and then they put Eggas on the end.
We were having dinner with my parents and ended up talking about having a temple recommend. This conversation ensued:
Grandpa: My rule is always have a temple recommend.
Mavenboy (6): My rule is no peeing outside.
These pictures are a couple of years old now, but they still crack me up. He really nailed the grumpy balding old man look when we made him sit in the park swing for the first time. I also really love this pic of him learning to sit up; I call it "What [Baby] Thinks of our First-time Parenting." Finally, here's one of the earliest pictures of our baby doing tummy-time and clearly not enjoying it.
And of course there's our baby featured in Board Question #89483; that one was fun.
Here's Owlet defending me from my fire-breathing toddler:
And here's a couple photos of eating. I'd probably look just as funny, though.
Dear srsly lol,
Sometimes my baby is moody. What? He's a baby! It's just his wont. And sometimes he's laughing and laughing and all of a sudden you hear him take a big breath and the next thing out of his mouth is hysterical sobbing. Which makes me laugh, 'cause I'm terrible.