Dear 100 Hour Board,
What are your top 5 songs to jam out to in the car?
-My Name Here
I won't apologize for being on brand. I tried to make a list that wasn't just Coldplay but the fact of the matter is that these are my top 5 go-to jam songs:
1) Something Just Like This - (The Chainsmokers + Coldplay)
2) Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
4) Viva La Vida
5) A Sky Full of Stars
With an honorable mention:
Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!) - Blu Cantrell
Which is reserved exclusively for me and my girls when we're out on the town.
I'm assuming the following definition of "jam out":
Volume: 65-80%, speed: 40+ mph, passengers: friends, know the words, singing loudly.
Under these conditions, I believe these may be the best car jams of all time. Although, there are many moods to aim for during car jams, and this only captures the one outlined above.
1. Carry On My Wayward Son - Kansas
2. Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra
3. Baba O'Reilly - The Who
4. Foreplay/Longtime - Boston
5. Under Pressure - Queen, David Bowie
Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
I agree with Babalugats that a jam is defined by something that gets everyone singing loudly in the car. Here are my personal top 5 jams:
- Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
- Don't Stop Believing - Journey
- Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
- Africa - Toto (especially if people try and sing the flute solo)
- I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys
- You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi