Dear 100 Hour Board,
What are some cute songs to slow dance to?
-Trying to be smooth
Dear Peanut Butter,
I've got a bunch!
- Perfect - Ed Sheeran
- Photograph - Ed Sheeran
- Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran
- Sparks - Coldplay
- Green Eyes - Coldplay
- Amazing Day - Coldplay (but you can't steal this because it's Pebble's and my song)
- 'Til Kingdom Come - Coldplay (... not sure about the tempo being a 'slow' song, but it's still cute)
- Us Against the World - Coldplay
- A World With You - Jason Mraz
- A Beautiful Mess - Jason Mraz
- I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz
- Prettiest Friend - Jason Mraz
- Could I Love You Anymore - Reneé Dominique & Jason Mraz
- Forever Like That - Ben Rector (Who's coming to do the BYU Spectacular this year!)
- At Last - Etta James
- Just the Way You Are - Billy Joel
- Still the One - Shania Twain
- You're the Inspiration - Chicago
- Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers
- Forever Young - Alphaville
- I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
- Faithfully - Journey
These are the first ones that came to mind:
"Sparks" by Coldplay
"If I Didn't Care" by The Ink Spots
"The Luckiest" by Ben Folds, which I'm also claiming as a first dance song despite my perpetual singledom.
Dancing in the moonlight--
"Ain't No Sunshine"—Bill Withers: a classic.
"Islands"—Hey Ocean!: I'm not sure if this is really the tempo for slow dancing, but it's such a chill and relaxing song I must recommend it at any opportunity. It's also great for insomnia! And loneliness! And oceanic songs!
Speaking of oceanic sounds, what could be more aqueous-sounding than the ever-so-slow "Ocean Eyes" by Billie Eilish, who wrote the reverb-y indie hit when she was fourteen with her brother?
But if you're trying to be smooth, there could be no smoother song than Santana and Rob Thomas's... "SMOOTH". Twenty years doth not tarnish it.
It's not slow, but swaying suavely to its seductive sounds should ...smooth out any objections.
Dear Smooth Talkin',
I gotta add the song "Once in a Lifetime" by Landon Austin. It's mine and Carl's song.
"Here Tonight" by Brett Young is also a goodie.
Dear smooth moves,
Your question reminds me of a ballroom dance class that I took where the only song they played for the foxtrot was Michael Bublé's "Haven't Met You Yet". Actually, that was probably the only decent song that we danced to.
I gotta put a good word in for my boi Hozier - "Wasteland, Baby!" (the song, not the whole album) is slow, sweet, and would be great to dance to.
Here's the rest of my list:
"Pink Moon" by Nick Drake
"Simple Song" by The Shins - This one is less slow, but I love it so much I had to include it.
"Reflecting Light" by Sam Phillips - If it's good enough for Luke and Lorelai's first dance, it's good enough for me.
"Gotta Have You" by The Weepies
"First Day Of My Life" by Bright Eyes
"Slow Show" by The National - *Contains a few curses.
Good luck, buddy.