Dear 100 Hour Board,
What recommendations do you have for finding a relatively cheap, but nice, suit in the general Provo/Orem area? I'm currently using clothes that are too old and that don't fit me right, and I'm feeling ready to get a new suit that looks good and actually fits me. But also I'd rather not break the bank.
This is a great question. I can certainly empathize with feeling like your old clothes just aren't cutting it anymore. I feel like when I was younger I would just wear whatever, but the older I get the more I enjoy feeling like I look halfway decent in my clothing.
Anyways, back to your question. There are a few options available to you:
- Deseret Industries (more commonly known as the D.I.) is most likely to be your cheapest option. However, finding a suit there that will fit your body type is less likely than BYU beating Utah in football. You may just want to go check it out anyway because you can always buy a suit that is a little too big and have a tailor fit it to your body.
- Men's Wearhouse. They will have a much wider selection than the D.I. but they will also be more expensive. They sometimes have deals if you buy more than one suit, so perhaps you can take advantage of one of those sales.
- Joseph A. Bank. When talking about getting a suit that will fit, this is probably the best store in the area for getting it right the first time. However, you'll also have to pay a lot more than you would at other places. I guess that's the price you might need to pay in order to look your finest.
- Perfectly Suited by Garth. I've never heard of this place until it popped up on one of my Google searches. It has great reviews, but I don't know anything about the pricing.
- Burlington. This is where I would recommend starting. Burlington usually has very nice looking suits that have been discounted. Again, finding them in the perfect size might not be easy, but if you are willing to take them to a tailor, you may find the winning suit here. Plus there won't be any sales guys walking around trying to get you into a fancier suit like you might find at some of the other options.
Anyways, my official recommendation is go to Perfectly Suited by Garth to see what their pricing is like. If it's too high, then my recommendations would be as follows (in order): Burlington, Deseret Industries, Men's Wearhouse, and finally Joseph A. Bank.
Happy suit shopping!
-Sunday Night Banter