Dear 100 Hour Board,
I just asked the question about wearing a t-rex costume in the airport. What I also should have asked is, if you had a t-rex costume, where would you wear it?
If I were single I would wear it to a professional photo shoot so I could post it on my dating profile. 'Cause we all know that t-rex costumes are the ultimate turn on, am I right?
-Sunday Night Banter
I've had a T-Rex costume for three years with Carl, and now I have an excuse to show off all of our crazy adventures while wearing our costumes!
It first started at our ward Halloween party...
Then I wore it on Halloween on campus a few days later.
Then we started to take it to more public places outside of BYU.
I wore it to the gym since I didn't want people to know who I was with my awful form.
Carl has a motorcycle and I did not approve of him trying to ride a moving vehicle with a costume on. He's a lil daredevil...
It got colder so we took our costumes for a spin while sledding! Highly recommend, the costume cuts the wind pretty good.
We wanted to go dancing to see if we'd get any strange looks. Spoiler alert: We did.
Carl's family has a bunch of jet skis, so he started to show off his tricks while giving me a heart attack.
He's also a Marine, so he wanted to go on American Ninja Warrior to see how far he could go with his rippling muscles.
Well, as much as I'd love to claim all of these adventures, I can't. The only real picture of mine was the first one. But now I think I might try sledding in my costume!
Sorry to lie, but Carl doesn't have a motorcycle. Although he truly is a Marine and loves to jet ski (but doesn't do tricks like that).
Dear dino-mite costume,
Walking around town late at night. Why?
- No one will rob you. They'll either burst out laughing, ruining the element of surprise, or think you're a crazy person. Either way, wallet = safe.
- Dinosaurs have no gender or height. Thought you saw a helpless 5'2 woman walking down the street? WRONG. You saw a non-gendered, tall dinosaur making its way towards you. You don't wanna catcall no dinosaur. You wanna get out of its way.
- Children who enjoy looking out their windows at night will have a fantastic story to tell their parents. Sure their parents will tell them it was a dream, but they'll forever believe in the t-rex who roams their streets after dark.
- You'll be a force for good when it comes to drunk driving. Drunk people will see you, assume they've drunk so much they're now hallucinating, and call an Uber or Lyft.
- Even if the cops are called on you, they won't take it seriously. You may even make some new friends.
- You might make it on the local TV news station, making you a hero while preserving your anonymity.
-guppy of doom