"My brother is too kind. He was eminent when my eminence was only imminent." -Niles Crane
Question #93087 posted on 05/21/2020 8:50 p.m.

Dear 100 Hour Board,

On the main floor of the Talmage building, by the southwest entrance/exit, there was a room for CS majors called the "collab room" for students who have completed CS 240 to work on group projects.

I remember there being incredibly comfortable orange rolly chairs, and seeing as I have now graduated and am teleworking on incredibly uncomfortable bar stools for 40 hours a week, I want to buy one! However, I have no idea how to find the chairs. I imagine the pandemic makes things complicated (I'm not in Utah, so I'm not sure what it's like there), but is there any way that one of you could take a picture of the rolly office chairs there? Or even better, determine who sells them so I can buy one?

-no where to sit

PS I tried googling but I could find no images of the collab room online :(


Dear Musical Chairs,

Unfortunately the Talmage Building is only open to students with card access, so we haven't been able to get in. If any of our readers have any inside info please help us out!



posted on 05/22/2020 7:19 a.m.
In the early 2010s, many of BYU's lab chairs came from Steelcase. You can check out their office chairs here to see if any of them are what you remember — https://store.steelcase.com/seating/office-chairs

- Violet