Dear 100 Hour Board,
What song represents your life right now?
When things started shutting down in March I made a COVID-19 playlist based solely on song titles.
1. "Oh No" - Andrew Bird
2. "Don't Panic" - Coldplay
3. "Hold On" - Wilson Phillips
4. "Wash." - Bon Iver
5. "Call It Off" - Teagan and Sara
6. "Home" - Phillip Phillips
7. "The Boy in the Bubble" - Paul Simon
8. "All By Myself" - Celine Dion
9. "No Sunlight" - Death Cab for Cutie
10. "The Privateers" -Andrew Bird
11. "It's the End of the World As We Know It" - REM
12. "Unwell" - Matchbox 20
13. "My Iron Lung" - Radiohead
14. "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" - Blue Oyster Cult
15. "The Funeral" - Band of Horses
I'm somewhere in the 7-9 range on this scale, because I'm still terrified to leave the house because of the virus, but even if there were no virus I'm an introvert homebody who hates being outside in the summer sunshine.
"Creature" by half.alive
"Look inside my heart and find a perilous ravine
Carved within the beauty, the darkness in between
Standing in the balance of complete and incomplete
I identify the echo of what is and what will be"
-Van Goff, who never grew out of his edgy phase
I can't pick between "It Would be You" by Ben Rector or "Good S*** Happens" by Michael Franti & Spearhead [censor added by me for the sake of the internet].
MercyMe's "Even If." It's been a rough year.
N.W.A.'s most famous song from Straight Outta Compton that I don't think I'm allowed to name here.