Dear 100 Hour Board,
Why do women use Snapchat filters on their dating app profiles? I see them all the time, especially that dog filter. What's the point?
Idk, man. Probably because they think it makes them look cute and endearing?
~Anathema, who only plays with Snapchat filters with her nieces and nephew
I have never used Snapchat or dating apps, but I think there are several potential reasons:
- Perhaps some of the filters have a slimming effect that some feel they need
- It may hide something on their face that they don't like
- They think it shows their personality
- They think it's cute and playful
- They grew up doing it and their friends liked it so it's a habit
Whatever the reason, it's probably not a good idea. Turns out that they're significantly less likely to get a positive response.
-Sunday Night Banter
There's only one possible reason: to obscure their identity. They are either A) a spy or B) under the witness protection program.
These people are faced with a terrible dilemma, how do you date without blowing your cover?
Snapchat dog filter.
Because they're going to surprise you and dress up like a dog on your first date. You just never knew this because you keep swiping down.