"Those who agree with us may not be right, but we admire their astuteness." - Cullen Hightower
Question #93364 posted on 10/21/2020 8:10 a.m.

Dear 100 Hour Board,

You know the breakfast dish where you cut a hole in a piece of break, put it in a frying pan, crack an egg in the hole, and fry them both? What do you, personally, call that thing? And did you actually eat it as a kid? What about as an adult?

-I call it this


Dear "An egg in the hole is worth two in the carton",

When I saw it, my mind went to "bullseye eggs", although I have never eaten it. I think I've heard people call it that, and most of the names it's called make sense to me. Also, who knew it had so many names?



Dear person,

Toad in the hole. I had it as an adult when I was a missionary, I saw another missionary (from the Midwest) make it.


--Ardilla Feroz


Dear friend,

I also call it egg in a hole. And I maybe had it once or twice as a kid. I forgot it existed until quarantine, when I discovered that you can use it as one of the pieces of bread for a sandwich, and then fill the sandwich with tomatoes and basil and mozzarella, and it's the most incredible thing. A little messy, but so worth it.




Dear Aziraphale,

I call it egg in a hole, and I never had this growing up. I think one of my college roommates introduced me to this food, and because they called it egg in a hole that's what I call it.



Dear you,

I call it yummy. 

But what do you do with that circle of bread you pulled out?

-Sunday Night Banter