Dear 100 Hour Board,
Happy New Year! What are your plans/hopes for 2021?
I present Sunday Night Banter's plans/hopes for 2021:
- Do some bike races with my wife (and finish in a competitive position)
- Like I've mentioned in other answers, I've applied to law schools so I plan on starting law school in August.
- We've talked about having another kid, so we might get pregnant toward the end of this year.
- Stay caught up on Come, Follow Me throughout the year
- Have a six pack and get back into really good shape
- Bench press at least 200lbs
- Take at least one picture that I'd want to print and frame in our house
- Get a COVID vaccine
Thanks for asking!
-Sunday Night Banter
Dear Rainbow Connection,
To be frank, the majority of these are hopes. We'll see which of these come to fruition...
- Get on Zoloft for my postpartum depression ✓
- Take more time for me so I don't get so burned out
- Carl gets another new job that he loves and isn't stuck at this 'hold over' job
- Buy a house that we love
- Get pregnant again
- Improve the quality of my scripture studying
- Get better at paying attention to stay-at-home church
- Get the COVID vaccine
- Visit my parents in California safely after herd immunity happens
- Try more delicious Instant Pot recipes
That's all that I can really think of so far.
My hope for 2021 is to become a more well-rounded person. COVID has forced me to confront my general lack of hobbies, and that's something I want to correct.
Some things I want to do are:
1. Exercise more
2. Cook/bake more
3. Read more (books and news)
4. Take some kind of class (dance? Music? Pottery?)
5. Date more
I'd also like to get trained on some additional tasks at work. Of course, a lot of these plans will depend on the state of the pandemic and vaccine availability, but I'm hoping to accomplish at least some of them.
Dear Rainbow Connection,
I want to graduate, have an amazing summer before Pebble and I start Ph.D. programs (fingers crossed) in the fall, and generally just enjoy some relaxation and intentional living after the dumpster fire that was 2020.
Like Luciana, I'm trying to work out more (right now I'm doing 1.5 hours every day Monday through Friday), read more, and cook/bake more.
I'm not setting super high or specific expectations. If I've learned anything from the last year it's that I actually have very little control over whether or not everything happens as planned. Mostly I'm just going for a better mindset.
I have a lot of work-centered plans/goals, and of course I intend to progress more in yoga. But as far as my hopes go, a lot of them are centered around people. This past almost year now has put into sharp relief how much I miss people once they're gone. I live by myself and have been working from home since last March. I'm lucky if I even see another human being from a distance once a week. Let alone have an in person conversation. So what I'm hoping for is companionship. I doubt I'll really get it, but at least eventually I won't be as isolated as I am now. Even if the end to that isolation doesn't occur in this coming year.