Do the chickens have large talons? -Napoleon Dynamite
Question #25050 posted on 05/09/2006 3:01 a.m.

Dear 100 Hour Board,

Is it possible to get a teaching licence in the state of Utah if I am getting a bachelor degree in something other than education? If so, how would I go about doing that? I'm graduating soon and would like to be able to teach.


A: Dear punkybrewster,

I talked to a girl that I work with that is a teacher. She said that in order to be able to teach in the state of Utah you have to have your teacher's license. In order to get your license, you have to have taken certain education classes. So if you want to graduate with a bachelor's in something other than education, you can do that but you would need to make sure you get the other required classes completed as well.

For more information see the Utah State Office of Education . I'd specifically try this site for those who have a bachelor's but lack teaching preparation.

Good luck!

- Lavish