Do the chickens have large talons? -Napoleon Dynamite
Question #40360 posted on 10/29/2007 3:01 a.m.

Dear 100 Hour Board,

I heard a rumor that you can work as a substitute teacher as long as you have a 4-year degree, even if it's not education related, at least in the state of NY. My understanding is that all you need to do is fill out some paper work and turn in a few letters of rec. True or False?

Thanks for your help!

- Beatrice

A: Dear Beatrice ~

I know it's True in Idaho. In fact, you don't even need a 4-year degree.

~ Dragon Lady
A: Dear Beatrice,

Nor is it even necessary to have a four-year degree in my home state (which I will leave unnamed).

—Laser Jock
A: Dear Beatrice

The New York City Department of Education Application for Substitute Teacher (seen here) does require a baccalaureate degree.

-Humble Master